Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Decision made....

..Rightly or wrongly, after two bad days, I found two months supply of anti-depressants in the draw and have, as of this morning, put myself back on them. Feels like a bit of a backward step, as I came off them last summer, but as I am not coping with life very well, I thought I would...

There is a lot going on for me in life, work and stuff, which of course I can't blog about, but it's there. One issue which came to a head yesterday is that my secretary has been off work more or less since Christmas, apart from the odd day, looking after her elderly parents..and now just her mum..I have been trying to manage the work load, and support her as a friend and manager, now her dad has died, and it hit me yesterday that I took very little time off to be with my mum and dad, especially my dad when he was so ill and alone, and it's bought all that back for me, and I wish I had taken more time off and gone to stay with him and look after him, and I just was distraught yesterday that I put work first..ended up running a training session for volunteers with red and swollen eyes and only just kept it together...

Anyway, I managed to make it into work again today, wearing my glasses to hide the eyes! And I attended a professionals meeting to try to help a young mum suffering from depression...know how she feels...

Anyway, anyway, nothing like a trip to the cinema with a friend to cheer one up! I let Rosemarie choose the film, a nice film about Scotland, or so I thought..well, no...what a film! The story of Idi Amin, President of Uganda, that had Rosemarie hiding under my coat at the nasty bits..but a brilliant film all the same. We ended up going for a coffee, and talking so much, that we left and a waiter followed us out to tell us, so politely, we hadn't paid....ooh, we could have been arrested and been in the papers....

I could also have heard, courtesy of Liz, a bit of The Feeling's I Love It When You Call, but I missed it, cos I was on the phone to DC at the time...some will appreciate the irony of that statement..which reminds me, I should remember to turn my phone off in the cinema...

2 comments:

Stuart said...

On the phone to DC I call you, you dont pick up but DC does hurmph, what's the world coming too! The gig was great hope it was ok over the phone look forward to seeing you Saturday for fun, fun, fun and watching you dance to Ruby, Ruby, Ruby, Ruby.

Stuart xxx

sally said...

It's making me smile at the very thought....