Monday, February 19, 2007

How sad am I.....

...for being on line late Sunday night, signing on to msn for someone to talk to, cos I can't sleep....no-one is coming out to play. Sad. Lonely. In need of a cuddle.....

Found a pic of me amongst my dad's stuff..my publicity pic when I left drama college. When all of life was in front of me...all my dreams yet to be realised...I paid a lot of money to have 100 printed, and sent them out to agents. Paid a lot of money to have the pic included in Spotlight that year too. Waited for the offers of work to pour in...not.

Gosh, I looked so peaceful then didn't I? I'm sure I had a real sense of peace and inner calm. It must still be around here somewhere....given that the pic was taken..um...over thirty years ago, it was nice to find it kept amongst my father's things..I had no idea he still had it...

7 comments:

Rainbow dreams said...

what a gorgeous picture ~ how lovely to find it, peaceful dreams tonight Sally, Katie

Kathryn said...

Oh Sally - that is gorgeous..
I suspect that the intermittent peace of early 20s (which tends, doesn't it, to be interspersed with huge attacks of self-doubt etc etc)is at least partly based on an unreal view of life. Finding peace after the reality hits home is another and harder matter...but it is around, honestly.
Love you lots xxx

Stuart said...

30 years ago! Gosh that's the oldest looking 9 year old i've ever seen ;)

1 i z said...

Oh he's so smooth isn't he?

Lovely picture, but I prefer the Sally of today myself.

So wonderful to dicover your dad kept this - he was clearly very proud of you. It's nice to find things like this in unexpected places. Hoping you similarly stumble upon some peace and inner calm - and when you do, it will be the hard won kind, not the 'ignorance is bliss' kind of our youth.

sally said...

I put a comment on last night that got 'lost': Stuart, you made me really laugh out loud, and I needed it!! Thank you..lvoe you allxx

Caroline said...

that's a great photo and a great place to ahve found it. can only6 echo what liz said far more eloquenlty than i could 9and with better typing). Love you now - but it's still fascinating and beautiful to see you then...
hug.

sally said...

wish I preferred the 'me' of today...