Thursday, February 22, 2007

And I thought I was dim....

I picked up my phone to leave the office last night, and noticed I had missed a call cos it was on silent. My friend S of Dog Collars fame!!! I rang back and apologised for not taking his call. 'That's ok,' he said, 'Cos C*ll*n answered his phone.' I laughed. Oh how I laughed. 'No, really, you didn't, and DC did, and he has answered the question.' Oh the shame, me not answering and DC actually being available....

'So what was the question?' I asked. 'Oh we had a invitation to a party and we thought it was from you or Dave.' Really? 'Yeah, but it's a family friend/relative and it's not in St *lb*ns, it's in Br*df*rd.'

Oh, right. Pause. And I thought I was the one who was not very bright????

4 comments:

Stuart said...

I feel the need to defend myself and explain. The invite had not been signed, therefore we had no clues as to who was holding or indeed inviting us to a party. The only clue was that it was being held at St Albans Social Club. It turns out yes it is a family member St Albans is their local church which has a social club, the church is in Blackburn. So you see not dim, just confused. Oh by the way we can't even make the party! Why cause its the day Sally's in Manchester and despite her comments.......... good job we love her xxxxxxxxx

Stuart said...

Sally texted me this morning worried that she had upset me. Sal don't worry I still love you and we can't wait to see you this weekend, to think you called me dim!

sally said...

well, you proved it..you believed me!!!

sally said...

and it's not this weekend honey...