Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Did I forget something?

When I last stayed away overnight, I discovered I had forgotten my toothbrush and toothpaste. Fancy that! I hear you cry...

Well, luckily the hotel in which I was staying lad little emergency bags in reception, which were free! Now there's a thing..I can't remember what items were in the bag, except for the dinky little traveller's toothbrush in a small clear glass container..you took out the toothbrush and fitted it on the end of the container and it became the handle..you know the sort of thing...also in the container was a miniature tube of toothpaste...aah....

Now I was so chuffed with my little free gift, that I decided to keep it permanently in my toilet bag, for stays away, just the thing. I was away last night, and was at great pains to pack my toilet bag, contact lens stuff, shampoo, shower gel, flannel, creams, potions, you name it.....I was so proud of myself for remembering everything...

I packed my overnight case with clothes etc, and off I went...only when I got there and unpacked..no toilet bag. Forgot it. Whole bl**dy thing. How do I do it? Where is my brain? Fortunately, I managed..I had various items separate in my bag...face cream, make up...had to put my contact lenses in a glass of water in the bathroom..thankfully I didn't get up in the night and drink them...

I had to use the hotel shower gel and shampoo (no conditioner, my hair was like straw) and I had no flannel to wash with....

Could someone be my packing buddy next time I go away????

7 comments:

Shaun said...

presuming you are driving, why not leave an emergency pack in the glove box of your car. You won't forget the car ;)

leave one in other cars you regularly travel away in. if its that small stuff it in a side pocket in the car and the owner/driver will never even notice it!.

Merlin said...

I have an emergency corkscrew in my car. Don't mind if I forget the other stuff but nothing more frustrating than not being able to open a bottle of wine.

sally said...

Yes, leaving an overnight toilet bag in the side pocket of D's car woould be interesting....I'll give it some thought!!!!

Caroline said...

funny sally trhat's exsactly what i thought when i read shauns post.... :) oh go on, you know you want to!

1 i z said...

I was also going to suggest the car thing, but then what if you travel by train or plane etc?

How about only buying coats and jackets with big pockets and keep a set of essential in each and every one?

Or you could buy oversized bras and use the extra space...

Or giant grandma knickers...

Stop me any time you think I've ceased being helpful ;-)

Merlin said...

Considering the current restrictions on flying, trying to go through customs with an oversized bra full of liquid items may lead to a rather interesting body search.

sally said...

ooh, I'll try that next time I fly then....