Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Nearly time....

..to take this diet seriously. Don't laugh!!! I went to the first meeting of a pilot group last night, run by someone I know through work who has retrained as an nlp and hypnotherapy practitioner, and our paths have crossed, she has told me about her work...then by chance a few weeks ago I saw a Paul McKenna programme on TV and he uses similar techniques: I looked up his website and it is all about nlp..well it has got me interested...

DC and I were having a late breakfast on Saturday at our regular little cafe and I was telling him all about my friend, her work, Paul McKenna helping this woman give up chocolate, all in my loud enthusiastic way, when this little old lady to my left prodded me and said, 'That looks nice, dear, is it nice?' pointing at my filled croissant (filled with scrambled egg, bacon and tomato, not chocolate') and I looked at my poised fork and replied, 'Um, it probably is nice, if I ever stop talking long enough to eat it, I'll let you know..' which cracked up DC, and the little old lady and her friend decided to order it anyway...they then st in total silence through their breakfast, listening to us. Oh well, I lvoe to entertain....

So we carried on talking, and we talked more about nlp and how it works, and my hope it will help with my diet, and I was saying that Paul McK does this weird tapping thing with his clients and that seems to help, he kind of prods them while he's talking to them..so DC prodded my shoulder and said, 'Look into my eyes, you don't like chocolate..there, you're cured,' which made us both giggle, then suddenly this lady from a table to my right appeared and said, 'Excuse me, I couldn't help overhearing, I use the tapping technique, here's my card,' and handed me her business card which offered a free 15 minute tapping session to help me give up smoking. 'Oh, it works with food,' she said.

'What is this,' I said, 'Is everyone in the cafe listening to me?' 'Probably,' said DC.

Anyway, I went to this pilot session last night and there was a bit of talking and we all got weighed (reminds me of a joke, but not now...) and then the hypnotherapy bit, which I was looking forward to..turns out to be a guided relaxation really, which is what I use in therapy groups..not sure if I 'went under' or just went to sleep..the bit about imagining myself as a slim person, opening my fridge and seeing what was in there and throwing away the fattening stuff..it reminded me I have a packet of mint kitkats in there, and a couple of mini custard tarts..would I eat them when I got home????

Actually I didn't, cos C was home and he had cooked the dinner, but it was close. Well, I might try the Life of Purpose housegroup tonight..it's the second one, I missed the first going to the concert last week...my good friend V is leading it, if I went I would be supporting her..I know we all have reservations, but I think I'll give it a go....

1 comment:

Rainbow dreams said...

I'm intruiged about the tapping - good luck with the pilot group... and with the other group tonight.

You always seem to be out and about and surely a little sustinence is needed now and again ~ are you sure giving up chocolate is wise?