Friday, February 23, 2007

Cheesy and proud of it....


Last night Laa and I took ourselves to the pictures with a bag of Minstrels (M&Ms sold out..ttch). We saw music & lyrics with Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore. Verdict? Cheesy chic flick..but we lvoed it..we were laughing from the opening moments at the video of a young Hugh performing in his 80s Pop band....
Not an intellectual challenge, but if you quite like Hugh, and a bit of pop music and a romantic storyline..this is the film for you..there were some good moments....we laughed a lot..and drove home singing the main song which stays in your head...Hugh has a passable singing voice...I quite liked it, Laa wasn't so convinced...
Good, warm, cosy night out for mum and daughter...rumour has it tho that blokes find it funny..and Hayley Bennett gives them something to look at...

4 comments:

Rainbow dreams said...

sounds just like the sort of film I could do with right now.... a pick me up and not overstretch the brain type of film, have always hesitated about hugh... but he grows on me

sally said...

Yes, he can be exceedingly irritating..but manages to avoid that in this film, I think...go and see it!!!

Merlin said...

I am not sure that "not an intellectual challenge" really needs to be incorporated into the description when moments before Hugh Grant was mentioned.

Kathryn said...

Ooh...I want to go, and I want to go now! With daughter. AND chocolate.
Instead of which I'm ploughing on with tomorrow's sermon, before heading off for a training morning...and I don't get the daughter till mid March.
Waaaah.