Monday, February 19, 2007

A better evening....

A bad morning..after a restless night, a bit of a low resulting in a lot of tears...and the necessity of wearing my glasses to work to hide the swollen eyes..bless, N, she knows when I have a bad day, I sit at my desk and talk to her, but cry hopelessly at the same time..eventually I stop and get into work and then I am fine. Good news - we are connected to Zen Broadband and up and running again! The lovely little IT guy who has helped out, who has made 6 visits to the office to sort this fiasco out, gave me his bill today, £317. Perfectly reasonable, and it will shortly be winging its way to Orange along with a demand for compensation. Watch this space.

So I came home from work, planning my evening home alone while C is at his web design evening class. I waited I was really really hungry, got out the wok, added extra virgin olive oil, freshly ground salt and pepper, then prepared to add the chicken pieces, stir fry fresh vegetables and noodles. I looked for the bag..everywhere..then it dawned on me, that will be the bag of shopping still on the floor by my desk....

Good job I had that pizza and garlic bread put by..not as healthy but very yummy..I put my feet up and watched The Bad Mother's handbook. I have read the book and enjoyed it, and lvoed this dramatisation. Good to see Catherine Tate playing something different...I liked her in this..strong performances all round.

Tucked up in bed now. Feeling tons better. Maybe I will sleep tonight....

No comments: