Friday, February 09, 2007

Snow news is good news....

Well, good to look at and play in, not so good for driving in and getting to work, obviously!! I rang N who informed me that all local schools were closed (what??? Because of 6 inches of snow? I went to school in Liverpool when we had to walk and dig ourselves out of 10 foot drifts.... Merlin knows what I mean...)

So we had to cancel our volunteers' training day, I gave N the day off as her son was at home and I know she wanted to go out sledging and making snowmen...MA was snowed in at her parent's home..so I alone struggled out and -watched by the disbelieving neighbours - cleared six inches of snow off my car, and made it slowly along the road, sliding a bit, until I main road and all was ok...

The small roads near my office were snowy and slippy and cars were all over the place, so I parked and walked in..carefully....

I did some work, went to the bank and realised the town was a ghost town, so I took a management decision that as it was still snowing, I was in danger of being snowed in, so I e-mailed some stuff home, and drove carefully home...

At home, heating up high, doggy curled at my feet, i-tunes playing, I sat at the dining room table and worked, watching the snowflakes cover the garden and make it look even more beautiful...

I had bought supplies on the way home...soup, rolls...a donut....a home-made chocolate chip cookie....a bar of chocolate covered marzipan..well, two; one for the journey home, and one for when I got home..I think we can safely say this diet is not going very well..I weigh more now than when I started..I blame the snow...

2 comments:

1 i z said...

well good lord women this is no time to be shedding pounds - weather like this we need all the padding we can get ;-)

Rainbow dreams said...

Your snowy garden looks beautiful - we haven't had any here :(

who wants to eat salad when it's freezing?