Saturday, February 24, 2007

Shopping....

This afternoon Laa and I hit Watford (we know how to live) for a little retail therapy..she shopped, I watched..I was going to look for an outfit for the Mayor's Civic Ball next Friday, but as my Chair has forgotten to get tickets....

So I watched Laa getting new trainers and boots..and we fitted in a tea and cake stop....as we were walking through the shopping centre, we passed a stand selling Vibrating Massage Cushions...I giggled, then went eeuw..that's rude, fancy sitting on a vibrating massage cushion..that's really rude....Laa fixed with a stare worthy of Saffy in Ab Fab, and said, 'Really mother, they are for shoulders and necks.' Then it dawned on me...how did my daughter get to be so wise??

2 comments:

1 i z said...

Has the Mayor's Civic Ball sold out? Don't you just hate the way the ticket touts buy out all the top gig tickets in seconds? C should have been on Ticketmaster the second they went on sale.

Maybe Jude can sort you a couple of tix if you speak to her nicely...

Then again, the mayor's loss is Manchester's gain I believe ;-)

sally said...

Just my Chair invited me to go then didn't bother to order tickets!!! Good job I hadn't bought the ball gown! And good job I actually wanted to be somewhere else instead!!!!!