Friday, January 26, 2007

You won't believe this but.....

..my lvoely computer guy turned up at 9am and set about trying to solved my internet problem. He did lots of diagnostic stuff, and was soon on the phone to Wanadoo, Orange, my so-called service provider..hanging on for ages before getting through to India, where I heard him being very patient and efficient, trying to guide the guy in what needed doing, but he could not deviate call centre guy from his script..so it took him for ever to do a diagnostic test on the BT line....

I was busy greeting new volunteers for their training day, and old volunteers for supervision, so the office was filling up around John..when the conversation took an interesting turn. 'Sally, have you asked for a broadband upgrade?' 'No.' 'Well, I am being told you are having one, that's why your service is down, and it is due to be re-activated tomorrow. It just means they had to disconnect you for a couple of days. Would you like to speak to them?'

The answer was no, I was so angry I would have been unspeakably rude, so I left it to John to ask why they hadn't informed me, why I had spent two hours on the phone yesterday on to two different call centres, being told the problem was my router...how inefficient..how crap is Orange, to close my service down with out telling me, how crap is their call centre for not telling me that, when eventually John (at £40 an hour which I am paying...) eventually gets the truth out of them....

Suffice it to say I spent some of this evening on to their customer service line..and I use the term customer service loosely, orange don't know the meaning of customer service..and got through to a young lady in Middlesborough who gave as good as she got at my angry complaining..'sorry for the inconvenience, but you should be pleased, we are upgrading your service' (oh how she was missing the point,) when I asked who was going to compensate me for my time on the phone, the cost of the call and the £40 I had to pay the computer guy when Orange should have just f**ing told me in the first place, she said, 'Oh you don;t have to pay a computer guy, your service will be reactivated by us tomorrow.' But I have to pay him, I have already had him in!!!

When I demanded to speak to someone else, that was denied, it's not their policy to out calls through to managers or supervisors, she has apologised, so that's my complaint dealt with. Goodbye Mrs P.

I am angry. At the arrogance. Lack of caring. Incompentence. I found a website last night. Just type in Orange/Wanadoo and the word complaints, and you find a whole lot more people in the world who feel as I do. Now how do you suggest I take this thing further??? A generous donation to my charity might be a start, Mr Orange, and I will be writing to you to tell you so..

3 comments:

Rachel said...

That is really crap! I hope you do get a response from them and some compensation. I guess they probably can't put you through to any supervisors/managers 'cos they're all tied up with other customers!!!!

Why can't companies call their hotlines what they really are. Sounds like their help desk was more of a "rehearsing lines for next bollywood movie" and their customer service was more "who gives a sh*t"..ok, it's early, I'm sure L1z can think of far better ones! ;)

Hope the training goes well!

Rainbow dreams said...

thats just lousy - they are my service provider too - and it doesn't surprise me.... I dread having to call.

Merlin said...

In a reversal of my usual ranting I am going to plug my service provider, look away now if you don't want to see advertising! I use Power Internet who are based in Milton Keynes. I have used them for about 12 years and, although they are more expensive than many others, I won't change. The give very good service, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week I can get someone to talk to if i have a problem. And even when the problem was really BTs not theirs they talked nicely to me, helped me, and finally had a word with BT themselves to get it sorted.