Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A quiet night in....

An evening in on my own....what to do..started with a cup of tea and a little rest..followed by my lighting a successful log fire, without any kindling, with no-one to tell me I was doing it all wrong....a bit of newspaper, an amazon delivery box, a few logs and soon..a roaring log fire.

Settled to watch TV with a comforting bowl of spaghetti carbonara - I do so lvoe a bit of pasta - and I was contentment personified.

A little later I brought down my laptop, sat close to the fire and loaded up the software for the webcam I was given for Christmas...later on I discovered to my joy that DC had his webcam with him up in York, and so began a couple of hours of..I can see him but can't hear him: he can hear me but can't see me: it was hilarious with me talking, and DC responding with head nodding and shaking, or mad sign language, or written instructions on how to solve the tech problem. I observed that his grainy image coming from a small, dim hotel room, with him looking a little tired and unshaven, he looked like one of those sad images of hostages in the far east, sent by captors..this resulted in lots of written ransom demands and anti Blair/Bush tirades....

Anyway, after I had uninstalled my software, reinstalled, logged off, rebooted etc etc, and DC rebooted just for fun, hey presto we could both see and hear both parties. When contact was made again, David had disappeared, and instead I was faced with a picture of a notebook with the words, 'David is out right now, please leave a message...' Very funny....

Technology is such fun!! After much waving and silliness, we realised it was almost 1am, and having made the connection, it was actually time to sleep....DC wouldn't play when I suggested he just left his webcam on and I could watch him get ready for bed..so shy....

No comments: