Sunday, January 14, 2007

Nearly time...

..to go to sleep. I hoped for a lie in this morning, but Clive brought me tea at 8.15am....so I read my book instead, and then spent the morning tidying my bedroom instead of going to church....

Mid-day and DC picked me up to go to our town in Essex where we now have a contract to help them put on a festival in 2008..we went to look at the site, and then had a meeting in someone's house, complete with tea and biscuits, for which I was so grateful, having had no lunch..I managed to contribute a fair bit and felt it was worth me being there..we went through our contract..there seems to be quite a bit of work ahead...one guy said, SAND (our company name)..'hang on, does that stand for Sally and David?' 'Yes! Win a prize!!!'

So that things get done, ie e-mails get answered, phone calls returned, etc, I suggested to the committee that they communicate with me, not you-know-who, and then I can ensure things actually get done, and nag if necessary. 'Oh,' said the guy, ' you're not married are you?'

I made sure we left on time (yes, I do the time keeping too!) and I got home in time to go to La and Mec's for dinner. Mec cooked it, and it was wonderful and much needed..after dinner, Laa and I talked weddings, and Mec and Clive did computery things....a successful evening.

I was going to come home and so some ironing, but do you know..can't be *rsed..so here I am in bed instead....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2 comments:

Merlin said...

Here I am in a hotel in Brussles and suddenly I feel a whole lot better. You see I have sent DC a number of emails and never get an answer (it rather restricts the planning I was asked to do) so I was beginning to feel it was personal. Now I find that it is a general default position for the man.

Merlin said...

And obviously that should be Brussels. I couldn't be in a brussle.