Tuesday, January 09, 2007

What a week....

..and it isn't over yet!! Monday was a full-on day at work, with my secretary ringing in to say her dad had been taken to hospital and she had to go and stay with her mum, and didn't know when she would be back...sounds familiar..so N and I have been holding the fort...

Except I didn't hold the fort for long, on Monday evening I packed a bag and headed up the Al to Stevenage, for a night at a hotel..and an evening meeting with the lady who gave me my new training post , to plan my first day's training the following day. During our meeting she showed me the delegate list for the next day, and of course, being so close to home, their were many of my Herts colleagues booked on..oh sh*t, it's much easier to busk training and appear confident with people that don't know you!

I retired to bed by 10pm for an early night, but unfortunately started to feel unwell, and in great need of painkillers, which I had omitted to pack, and so I was awake nearly all night, tossing and turning, until the early hours, and when the alarm went off at 7am I felt like death warmed up..I just stood under a hot shower and tried to wake up..I hardly ate breakfast and went straight to the pharmacy opposite and bought drugs! They are all I needed..because the hotel had kindly provided me with toothbrush and toothpaste free of charge...

I got through the day in a supporting role, with my friends realising in the end it was 'my first time' and they were kind to me. I was so tired by the end tho, and almost fell asleep driving back. Did I go home? No, straight to the office for an evening Management Committee meeting which overran by an hour until 9pm. I rang home to see if there was any dinner, and the reply was no, but I'd lvoe a pizza..so I duly obliged, arriving home with two pizzas at 10pm and thinking actually, I didn't want mine, just my bed....

No comments: