Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The good news or the bad news??

Bad news first..week not going so well..struggling a bit... tears and angst ridden phone calls..just as I was doing so well..oh well, I'm hanging in there...

Orange broadband still not working, despite J my pet computer engineer doing his best..he got Orange to admit to a huge technical problem..something about their platform not working???? and they are supposed to be ringing me by 9pm Weds with 'progress.' That will be a week with broadband then. John has kindly gone our bought a modem and fixed me up with dial-up for the time being - of course it is costing more money, but at least we can do e-mails..I had forgotten all that strange boing-de-boing dialling noise that dial up makes!!!

No secretary still, N and I are getting used to being a two person organisation! But after she left today I had a weird blokey in....hope he doesn't come back, wasn't happy in the office on my own with him.....

Had two texts from the Happy Wanderer today in China..he flew from Shanghai on Sunday night to another town ready for factory visits on Monday. The latest reports are: (and he is 8 hours ahead)

'Afternoon! Nearly 1am here and still on the road. Nearly 9 hours since I left the last factory at 3pm (Tues.) 3 taxies, 1 ferry and a long delay at the airport and a 3 hour flight. Still, am loving my book! And making good progress..nearly half way! Unfortunately got 8 hours in the car tomorrow up north even further. Could cry I swear. Before flying back to where I've just come from on Thursday. Still, the end's in sight. And today I had a McDonald's. Jxx'

And a little while later, this:

'Must have looked tired. The hotel upgraded me to an executive club suite on the 32nd floor, with a lounge. Luckily am too knackered to worry about vertigo. x. '

He's not joking about the vertigo. Anyone remember when a group of us met James at the London Eye and he sat on the grass and looked after our bags!!!

C is out for two nights running..last night ate loevly M&S food and watched Dirty Dancing on dvd, with the dog. Tonight, I think I will curl up on the sofa with some more lovely M&S food, and..well, maybe watch a dvd???? Just for a change?

Oh, the good news...um..let me think..oh, yes, am going to stay with the lvoely Liz up north in a couple of weeks....can't wait!!!

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Hugs, sweetie...Sorry its such hard work right now.

Caroline said...

hug. and tissues.

love you.

come and stay ehre. there is nearly a spare room.

xC