Thursday, January 11, 2007

the week continued...

I was up early to go and visit a volunteer who told me she had mouth and throat cancer, which was horrible, but then took her to meet family she is going to support because she 'has to keep busy.' Aren't people amazing? The matched another volunteer with a mum with a toddler and twins, and left her happily bottle feeding a tiny babe....

After that a visit to a stressed mum who is finding 3 children all too much, for various reasons...and back to the office to meet up with N and catch up with phone calls, social workers, families, volunteers, before dashing home to have a quick cup of tea and slice of cake (with candle stuck in, in honour of birthday!!_) with DC..interrupted by my friendly builder and kitchen maker who came to look and quote for putting in a new kitchen...after running DC home, I headed off to the pub to meet with V. She was my bereavement counsellor, then (and still) my external supervisor, and now friend and diet buddy! We have decided to encourage each other to lose weight and planned our strategy.

I was home by 9.45pm and sat down for a planning session for running the training session again today, co-training with someone new who wanted me to take the lead. Happy with my notes, I got to bed by 11.30pm, and it seemed no time at all until the alarm went off at 6.15am, to get me up for a long drive into the darkest depths of Essex.

At 4pm today, another 25 delegates left, trained and happy, my co-trainer gave me a hug, and we read the feedback forms which were all good. Boy was I tired tho! I drove back down the M11, the wind so high I was hanging on to keep the car on the road..and my eyes open...I lasted long enough to fall in the front door, up stairs and I was asleep in minutes. However do people keep up this life style on a daily basis? Night xxx

No comments: