Saturday, January 20, 2007

Here's two I made earlier....

Following our successful shopping trip, i spent a happy hour this afternoon making up my new CD towers..I lvoe doing jobs like this!!!! I lvoe making things, and seeing instant results. I think they will go here, behind the dining room door.
I wanted to start filling them with my CDs Straightaway...but Clive says he has to cut a bit out of the bottom of the towers, so they sit back against the skirting board, and he couldn't find the Right Saw...so I have made a template, for the sawing, and am being Very Patient until tomorrow..if he doesn't find the Right Saw then I will burst..and I know the wood of the CD towers doesn't match the other wood in the lounge, but they had sold out of the one I wanted, and I was too impatient to have them, so here they are...I promise soon I will post a pic when the CDs are in... (I know, it's hard to contain the excitement....)

In the meantime, when emptying the dishwasher today, I realised that the time has come to put away my lvoely Christmas mugs until next Christmas, or they won't be special any more, and I will take them for granted. So, much as I lvoe you all, you are going in the cupboard until next December, when I will get you out to use with joy and anticipation.....missing you already...

4 comments:

Caroline said...

so what's wrogn with you doing it yourself with the trusty stanley knife an swi$$army knife? Still, i guess i'ts good to do these things as a couple.... :)

and don't forget to make sure there's a shelf that's labelled 'CD's wot don't belong to sally'
huge hug!

sally said...

Believe me, I was tempted..but not allowed. It is Male Thing. What I have made is Never Good Enough. Always needs tweaking by C to Make it Better. Like a log fire, or a saucepan of dinner...I can never do it Quite Right....not enough logs, too many logs, wrong spoon, wrong knife....I don't even pack an Ik*a trolley right, someone has to re-do it.....

And your CDs are out awaiting return, honest!!!!!!!

Kathryn said...

I don't suppose you are allowed to load the dishwasher, either,are you Sally my love?
Shopping is such fun, isn't it! And the silliest things are exciting sometimes...

Rainbow dreams said...

love the mugs...
hope the right saw is found so you don't have tooo long to wait :)

we don't have ik*a here... probably just as well....far too tempting