Sunday, January 07, 2007

A reason to shop...

No, you never need a reason to shop..(do we, Liz???) after a strange Friday morning of trying to work but not feeling connected, I went to have lunch with Laa and then we headed to a local florist for a quote for flowers for the wedding. Again, as in the dress shops, it was a case of 'Hello, Laura, oh I see you've bought mum with you...' Mum, of course doesn't have a name....

After an hour of talking flowers (yes, really, an hour, this is Big Business..) we leave and go shopping..a little something from P*r Un* here....a Big Something from J*gs*w there....oh my, the latter being a very, very nice smart suit, which actually fits me now......I just need an excuse to wear it..................

The shopping trip also included a mum and daughter tea and cake break, with time to talk and gossip..I do so lvoe my daughter..............

Saturday saw a bit more shopping, with me alone in P*ccin*s working out that a penalty notice from the London Borough of H*ring*y charging me of offensive driving on Christmas Eve really wasn't for me..no officer, I wasn't there, and altho it looks like my number plate, it's really not my car....

On to a visit to the homeopath, where I let go a bit of how I am really feeling, and not coping, and she listens and promises to send another remedy...can a small white pill really be the answer?

Saturday night was party night - at least the annual dinner of SAND and our faithful crew - D and I took them to a good Chinese restaurant, and we made it an early birthday celebration for D, complete with presents and embarrassing cards. I wonder who could have been responsible for that????

No comments: