Sunday, January 14, 2007

Oh I need a day off...

I needed the weekend to get over the week...now I need a day off to get over the weekend!!!

I had a bit of a lie in Saturday..but all the jobs that needed doing were staring me in the face! Tidying, washing, cleaning..I made it as far as coffee and toast at the kitchen table, when i was joined by DC and Laura, so we had a little party...DC and I were talking new desks for his new garden office (Scandinavian log cabin) and Laa and I were talking (and looking at) wedding shoes. She has bought a lvoely pair on e-bay from someone who never wore them....aah....

Then I went into town and shopped a bit and also went into the office and caught up on a couple of bits in peace...bought my secretary flowers and put them on her desk in the hope she might come back on Monday....went and had a lonely coffee in my usual coffee shop, and the owner came over and said, 'Hello, Sally, your mate not with you? Never mind..' I wonder which mate she meant...

After doing a few more domestic things, I got ready for a friend's 60th birthday party. Actually we used to be really close, same age children who grew up together, and I helped her loads when her first marriage broke down..but I haven't seen her for about 5 years..didn't know many people there - did catch up with her children tho - and her grandchildren!!! Everyone else there seemed so..well, old.....I danced a bit in the disco, to show willing, but....to be honest, I just wanted to come home. Oh where oh where has the party animal gone? At 12.30am I was in bed with my book and a hot chocolate....sad or what?? (But I was very happy...I lvoe my own space...)

2 comments:

1 i z said...

You know, you really ought not to be 'mating' in coffee shops in the first place...

Alex Johnson said...

If you're interested in garden offices, take a look at http://shedworking.blogspot.com or subscribe to The Shed magazine (a free pdf bimonthly magazine looking at the lifestyles of garden office/shedworkers) by emailing me at alex@splashmedia.co.uk (also based in St Albans).

Cheers,

Alex