Friday, January 19, 2007

Made it through the day....

Did my health and safety audit..managed to get the back door to a state of wedged half shut/half open, saying that the previous day's gale force wind and rain had caused the problem..... my H&S trustee, D, went round the back and gave the door a good kick to open it, and proceeded to get down on his hands and knees with his Sw*ss *rmy Kn*fe and hack several more chunks off the bottom of the door. It is now a satisfactory fire exit once more.

The rest of the audit went off ok..apart from the fact that I have to write a risk assessment policy, and make sure our lone worker violence at work training is up to date, ensure that as designated first aider my training is up to date, ensure that as designated fire officer (!) my training is up to date, contact the electrician to have the water heaters checked, look into a hand rail for the front entrance...and so on and so on...

It was suggested we could do with s smoke detector in the back room, and that I ought to have training on using the fire extinguishers..so I suggested I contacted the local fire station and got some fire-men in to do an audit of the office and my training needs....I was asked if I thought that was strictly necessary for such a small office, and I replied, no, I would just like to get some fire-men in, we don't see many men in our office, it would entertain us for a whole morning.....mmmm, not funny, not clever, not the right professional image.

I promise I really do take H&S seriously, I will get on to my tasks on Monday, starting with hoovering the floor which appears to be covered with wood chippings.....and the toilet could do with a clean as well....pass my job description, will you?

No comments: