Thursday, July 27, 2006

Two black doggies to play with! And other stuff....

Yes, Pixie Dog arrived in the end! After going to bed and trying to sleep cos I was soooo tired....end up exchanging text messages with DC at 1am (I know I could have turned my phone off, my choice) the 'what time do you call this?' variety and him saying he had had a good leaving do, John had taken Alan to casualty, Mark had had to go home, so he had gone out for a late meal with Sue, Karen and Anna, oh, sorry, had he forgotten to text me earlier, he thought he had.....

Not that any of this annoyed me of course, I decided to end communications and try and sleep...by that time it was 1.30am and I have never been so wide awake in all my life......stomach ache, head ache, the heat......

So at 2am I got up, fetched lap top and did an hour's research.....on what I hear you ask? Well as I say on my blog, sorry, I am honest and talk about death and sex..and politics..well death, anyway...but I share what is going on, as Liz says, this blog is as much for me as anyone else......

I researched the menopause...here I am 53, going slowly mad, not coping, falling apart..and really, for no good reason....I used to be a strong person...can't be on anti-depressants for ever, can't have bereavement counselling for ever...so..search results..some of you will thank me for this one day.......

There is something called the peri-menopause which can hit for a few years before the real thing, generally between 40 and 50..well here I am at 3 and no sign of the real thing..but symptoms of the peri whatsit? Weight gain..yes, I look about 9 months pregnant which is horrible.....mood swings, depression, yes yes and yes again...lack of concentration..oh yes, the mistakes I am making, the things I am forgetting at work......difficulty in sleeping...yes!! lack of libido/interest in sex....er no, not that one, this is me we are talking about..that's about the only bloody symptom that would be useful......

So I decide I'm not going mad, it must be hormones..so I research treatments apart form the dreaded HRT..I buy a packet of black cohosh tablets which my doctor recommended, a homeopathic 'natural' treatment for menopause symptoms..and a packet of St Johns Wort for mild depression. I took one each yesterday.

Last night, my friend Jacky who is a nurse, came round to dog walk with me..I talked to her and showed her the black cohosh (as recommended by GP a few weeks ago...) she said, oh that was in the paper this week, it causes liver damage, don't take it. But my GP said it was good...yes, but that was last week, this week it is dangerous....oh I give up, £16 down the drain and I've only taken one...she's going to recommend something else which is safe this week....

Anyway, the doggies had a lovelywalkk, Pixie has settled in, she is just gorgeous and I was still throwing a tennis ball up the garden for her to fetch at 11.30pm....she is an excellent 3 legged runner ..today I will take some pics to share.

This is a test stay while the owners are inDevonn for a couple of days. Hope they arehavingg a lvoely time..as Pixie is happy I can have her for a whole week in August while they go on a family holiday to France......they had better bring me back a pot of sodding clotted cream...

No comments: