Sunday, July 23, 2006

The start of a weekend......

I was looking forward to it, after a busy weekend last weekend, and then a hectic week, I needed some 'me' time, I think they call it, so after Clive went to work I got up and got busy..music on, breakfast in the garden....put washing on, tidied a bit, just kept busy..but there is a bit of me that doesn't want to be alone, and craves company, and hopes the phone will ring or someone will pop by for coffee...it didn't happen, and although of course I have friends I could call..something made me stick with it and use the time..I can be alone, it's ok......

I actually made myself go into the messy room downstairs that has become a junk room and is still full of my parents' stuff....I brought a few boxes into the kitchen and went throughout them, crockery, cutlery, glasses, ornaments..letters, which of course I started reading, and the tears started flowing.....it was actually ok, I sorted through a lot of stuff, I read stuff, put a few boxes out for a charity shop and decided which bits I was keeping..I just cry through it all, but at least I did it..I kept expecting James to arrive, or maybe Laura to ring, but no..no-one..and why should they????

After Clive came back we sorted out some glasses, and having discovered James was arriving later, I decided to go shopping....which I did, after having a complete breakdown sitting in the car in the car park....I don't do weekends well do I?

I did a very, very, big shop and came back to unpack and find James there.....he had persuaded Clive, Laa and Mec to go to see Superman Returns, and so I went too...not overly keen I must admit, but the alternative was staying in on my own, and I thought, no......

Besides, the film gave me the opportunity to have a little sleep.....it wasn't the best film, but the after film discussion made me proud of my off spring who had both picked out the religious, Christian symbolism....Sunday School wasn't all wasted then....

That was a Saturday night I'll never get back....given that it was a late showing, I got back to check e-mails at gone midnight, to discover Liz had e-mailed me instructions for how to do Instant Messaging..just as I logged on, lo and behold, Liz appeared on line and somehow I didn't get to bed til 2am......that works then.....

3 comments:

1 i z said...

You know it's ever so slightly possible that we might be bad influences on each other...

;-)

sally said...

I do hope so!!

Caroline said...

and now you're trying to corrupt me too. i can't take the pace girls....