Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A strange week.....

Yes, it's been a strange week, three days out of four in London which is unusual! Yesterday was a work meeting about our now accredited training course, with other peeps like me from other schemes: we met in the small Methodist hotel/conference centre near Euston station which is a lvoeyl venue with a really nice cafe and lunch! Was good to catch up with a few friends at ,lunch time and have the usual unprofessional bitch about life!!!!

Managed to make it back to a sun lounger in the garden by 4pm, turning down an invite by Rosemarie to go swimming, but still wasn't feeling brilliant, and couldn't be bovvered..fortunately, as a fellow female, she understands these things.....

Last night included a late cool dog walk with Sophie, our friends Jill and Harry, then a time back on the sun lounger talking to the lvoely Caroline; I decided texts were not enough, we needed a full catch up. She won another tribunal yesterday, honestly, that girl is soooooooooooooo cr*p at her job.....

After a solitary plate of pasta at the kitchen table, I was just wondering what to do to fill the gap before bed time, when I get a text from Liz.. is is too late to call? NOOOOOOO!!!!

A lvoely girly chat, no tears, actually, from either side, but lots of talking, sharing from the heart..was the word 'Men!' mentioned? Possibly??? We had a good laugh, when after about one and a half hours of Liz hardly pausing for breath, she did the classic, 'So, enough of me, how are you?' which made us both giggle.. I said, 'Fine' and she said, 'No, really?' An hour later....

I came off the phone lighter in heart at having such good friends to talk to, made myself a coffee and found it was 12.30am and I was wide awake and happy! Off to bed with my book, what a lvoely way to spend an evening.....and to really make it, Caroline phoned to tell us the job news we were all waiting for...RACHEL GOT IT!! She must have heard the cheering from the Deep South!!!

Today I am off on a two day 'retreat' to Launde Abbey in Leicestershire. The HQ of the charity I work for offer it to 'experienced co-ordinators' who have been in post 5 years, for a time out and reflection....I can't...but 24 hours may not be long enough..the blurb says it is in the middle of nowhere so mobiles may not work (no bad thing!) but it says bring small change as there is a lttle shop which sells chocolate and other 'necessities.' So that will be hairdryers, tooth brushes, toothpaste, hair brushes, knickers..anything really, that I am likely to forget......

I am off to pack my bag. Have borrowed the husband's car for its air con. Not sure he was happy, but I didn't have to fight too hard......

See you Thursday!!

4 comments:

Rainbow dreams said...

Have awonderful break and relax.
There's nothing like catching up with friends properly is there?
Take care, Katie x

1 i z said...

So fab to talk to you last night. The time flew!

To be fair, in that hour and a half we did catch up on a number of third parties as well (like Rach getting her job - yay!)...

All the same, I do admit to a good proportion being me ranting about the incomprehensible nature of the male of the species.

Sadly, I'm not sure our deep and incisive insights really got us anywhere closer to understanding them...

sally said...

As if any time would be long enough for that, Liz.....

Caroline said...

you're home! welcome home!
love you. missed you! hug