Tuesday, July 25, 2006

It could only happen to me....

This morning a carpet cleaning man came to have a go at some stubborn stains on the lounge carpet (probably coffee, ok?) and when he came in Sophie dog barked furiously, as dogs are wont to do. It was early and I hadn't dried my hair yet. 'I'll just get my stuff in from the van' he said having introduced himself (youngish, very big built in a football, rugby kind of way,). 'Ok,' I said, 'I'll just finish drying my hair.' 'No problem,' he said. Sophie continued barking and being annoying so as I got half way up the stairs I said in my very firm voice, 'Right, come on, upstairs with me - now.'

I turned at the top of the stairs to see Sophie and very shocked carpet man both staring up at me from the bottom of the stairs....'Um...I was talking to the dog,' I said. 'Oh, ok, I'll just get my stuff'...' said carpet man disappearing out the front door.......

7 comments:

1 i z said...

ROTFLMAO!

You don't know how much I was in need of that laughter.

Classic Sally

:-) :-) :-)

sally said...

??????? need a laugh? me too honey!

Shaun said...

was it the ROTFLMAO that drew the ??????? sally, if so rollingonthefloorlaughingmyassoff. Your post made me LOL too

sally said...

Yes, thank you, I got the ROTFL but not the MAO!!!!! And I want a picture like yours! Well, not exactly like yours, obviously.....

Caroline said...

lolol i tried to post from work but blogger wouldn't let me. :( i laughed extremely loudly when i read your blog at lunch time much to the consternation of my colleagues who are far more used to seeing me in tears....they asked me what was so funny...where was a gilr to start????
they are still wondering. and i'm still laughing. love you
xC

Stick said...

Oooh you're so masterful and all that assetiveness training has obviously paid off!
Look our Front Desk, you won't know what's hit you...

Rainbow dreams said...

Lol am still giggling - truly wonderful :-) Just back and catching up whilst supposedly printing more paper to reply to enquiries while away!