Thursday, July 13, 2006

I lvoe you all....

You are all very kind and lvoely people for your hugs and prayers. Rachel, all the way from Tennessee sent a Blue Mountain card e-hug, which was lvoely - and before you tell me off any more, I did ring Liz on Monday to chat, when I knew I was 'on the way down' and she did a fantastic job of cheering me up without even knowing it!

And I did text the lvoeyl Caroline for lvoe and support when I went to bed, and she did offer to ring and chat, but by then I knew I was overtired and emotional, so didn't want to talk, but a few texts while dropping off to sleep were very comforting.....

Strangely enough, today was better, but did involve a couple of long telephone conversations in between family visits, which were painful (the conversations not the visits...) but have cleared the air and normal service has kind of been resumed..resulting in a lot of silly texts being exchanged and general amusement, which is far better than miserableness!!!

I even went to the annual church BBQ and had a sausage in a bun and trifle and was actually quite sociable, which I couldn;t have done at all last night. Isn't life strange! Part of my depression is the fatness, I am a strange shape now, and am so conscious of it, I really ought not to wear the same short t shirts, a change of style would help, and I am going for another scan to make sure it's nothing else! But tonight C said I was looking pretty, which is almost a first, I must get it in writing.....

I read Stuart's blog today. He said he is not sure where the line is between public and private stuff when blogging..in my case, it would be a phrase well know to Liz, I know where the line is, and it's just behind me!!! I do share such a lot of private stuff, I probably shouldn't, but hey....

Oh, I know what I was going to say: my social work student on her placement with us, is coming to the end of her 3 months, and she was saying today, 'Sally, I can't believe your social life, it's amazing!' I started to say, no, rubbish I never go out, but I realised that recently I have been to Cheltenham, the theatre in London twice, Kate Rusby, out to dinner with Rosemarie, Steve Lawson twice, and tonight the church BBq. Is that so amazing???? Suppose it is a lot.

I first met this student as a client, she had a volunteer for a while a few years ago, so I wanted to have her on placement. of course I am her Assessor, and am responsible for her training and evaluation while she is here. I do try to be professional so that she can learn Good Things from me. But while I was working at my desk this afternoon, surrounded by silly cards about chocolate and smacking people, and wild, coloured fluffy pens sticking out of a pot, and one with a tigger on the end, and on the shelf behind me eeyore and friends, and a quacking duck and a vibrating cow, she suddenly says, 'I've had my eyes opened working here..I thought Sally was such a serious, sensible person, and now I realise she's completely mad..' Oh dear, rumbled again. Got to write her final report next week.....

8 comments:

Caroline said...

lolololololol huge hug!
i'm with your student - i never cease to be amazed by the extent and frequency of your cultural activities - theatres, concerts, dinners, gigs,..and bizarre toy collections. it's good that your office has become a cultural museum in itself. must invest in some more exhibits for you....

Kathryn said...

I went to a PCC meeting tonight....does that count as a social life??
Course you are amazing in that respect as in so much else. AND we love you...got that??
Hugs xx

Rainbow dreams said...

It sounds like a fun office :-)
Am pleased things are on the way up - I do think of you you know - even though we have never met and don't know each other.
Your social life sounds exciting to me - I'd love to see Kate Rusby - have never heard any of Steve Lawson - but live music is brilliant :-)

sally said...

Excuse me - did Katie say she has never heard of Steve Lawson?? Did she miss his tour of the Channel Islands? I thought everyone knew him......(but not in the biblical sense, obviously....)

Rainbow dreams said...

I didn't know he had toured the Channel Islands.... perhaps he'll have to come again just for me ;-)

I'm sometimes slow to catch up so not surprising I didn't know!

Rainbow dreams said...

Or is he good enough to be worth a trip over for? :-)

sally said...

Sorry, katie, i was being facetious (can't spell it,) it's unlikely he has toured the channel islands.......but look him up he ahs a good website and you can hear some of his music.....

Rainbow dreams said...

Ahh well if he hasn't he should :-) Will look him up !