Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Scary, scary. scary...

As you know, sometimes Liz, Caroline and I buy each other silly presents....secondhand penguin soap dispensers for one. No, really....mutant giraffes, chocolate of all shapes and sizes..silly pens..it goes on and on...the present buying is sporadic and unpredictable....

At the weekend I suddenly decided to buy some silly things to send through the post to each of them...and they have been on my dining room table ever since. Well, only three days or so, but I must get round to posting them.....imagine my surprise to get home from work tonight, to find not one, but two envelopes waiting, one from Manchester, one from Bristol, and both containing not dissimilar things....silly greetings cards, stationery items..and..well I picked them all up and took them out with me as I was going to meet Rosemarie for a meal out and a catch up gossip. As we were about to have our coffee, I said, oh, look what I have brought to show you, my vibrating cow! (Reaches into bag and brings out small mutant coloured cow that vibrates when you pull its string. Thanks Liz..) Rosemarie nearly chokes on her coffee and looks round the restaurant to see other diners looking very interested. 'Sally,' she hisses, 'Could you say that more quietly..' 'Look' I say, 'pulling its string, do you want a go> have a feel..' Rosemarie puts her head in her hands in despair..I think she has a hangup about vibrators, don't you????

3 comments:

Caroline said...

lolololol, vibrating cow, wicked. we want pictures to keep us going until we get a chance to steal it!

Rainbow dreams said...

I can't possibly comment as I don't know any of you and wouldn't want to offend !!

sally said...

Can't do the whole pictures thing since I had my phone stolen. It's one of the great sadnesses of my life.