Friday, July 28, 2006

Bother, bother, bother...

Dur...I had Steve Lawson in my diary for last night. I have been to the last Recycle Collective gigs and didn't want to miss this one, the launch of his new album - which I have and it's brilliant! Anyway, obviously DC wasn't around to go with, I couldn't persuade James or Laura to come with me..and so when Laura invited me for a girly night out I decided to do that instead, on the grounds that...a. it was yet another not and humid evening and could I really face going up to London???? and b. I would have to go on my own, and wasn't quite in the mood for that, feeling a bit low, last time there was no-one I knew there, but everyone else seemed to know everyone else, and I wasn't sure I could cope with feeling Sally no mates at the moment.

But when I log on to various blogs, what do I find? Steve's blog tells me it was brilliant (there's a surprise!) but not only that, I discover that the gig was on Wednesday night anyway, not Thursday! (I think I have made this mistake before!) so I could have gone..and then I check out Jude's blog, and lo and behold, a huge GB crowd have gone along, so I would have people to be with after all....but then I think, maybe not, they might not have wanted me, and I would have been alone in a corner, so best I didn't go then......

Somewhere along the road I have lost a bit of confidence....I'm going to try and stop looking for it and tormenting myself with my own inner monologue.....

No comments: