Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Day Off continued....

As breakfast carried on and we talked more, I started to try to explain the exploding computer brain stuff (see my recent blog, No Wonder): the problem is the more I try and talk about it and attempt to make sense of my emotions, thoughts and feelings, and I feel the person listening is trying but not really getting it, I wind myself into a downward spiral of hopelessness, and ended up sitting with my head in my hands in despair. I think after what seems like an hour or more of this, DC was pretty despairing too! The lvoely Caroline rang in the middle of my ranting, but sadly, I decided I couldn't take the call right then. Sorry, babes.

I just kept saying, lets get on with the paperwork, the bank stuff, designing our business cards, I need to snap back to reality or I will never be able to climb out of the hole I am falling into. We get into doing that other stuff, and by the time we are ready to go to the bank, building society, PC W*rld etc, it is 4pm and 5 hours has gone by. 5 hours! What do we find to talk about? I probably took up 2 hours in personal therapy, what a waste, nothing changes and now there won't be time for a trip to the Waffle house for a Bannoffee Waffle and a banana milk shake. My own fault.

After bank and building society stuff, we head to PC W*rld to look at laptops, we go to their business centre where David seems confident they will be able to help us. i think not. Two girlies don't even know how to use the software to search for suitable laptops. They say there is no way to do a comparative product search. They print off a spec for one laptop and I see on the printout a button saying, 'Find similar products.' I point this out and they squeal and go, 'Oooh, where did that button come from, we haven't seen it before.' I show them on the screen and they press it, and lo and behold, a list of comparable laptops. 'Have you had any training on using this system?' I ask wearily. One girl just looks at me and the other giggles in a slightly embarrassed way. We are there for hours and DC still can't make up his mind. So we leave,
armed with print outs and I tell him he must do research on-line on the way up to North Yorkshire again today.

As we are driving home to St Albans, from Stevenage, via Staples in Watford for some photo print paper, I realise it is gone 7pm and we haven't eaten since breakfast. I am quite peckish, so we drive into a McDnlds drive in and get two large vanilla milkshakes. Mmmmm. Thick. Cold.
Satisfying. Driving home, top down, wind in my hair, all in all I have had fun today. Do I have to go to work tomorrow? Really, must I????

I remember a work report I should have done, so work on it from 10pm until midnight, til my eyes are drooping..well I have been awake since half past six!!

No comments: