Thursday, March 08, 2007

Really, really, really busy....


..Liz said she didn't have time to be ill, and couldn't possibly take a day off..it looks like she has had the whole week off..sometimes we just have to give in and be ill...I feel guilty that she couldn't just give in to it at the weekend, but kept going for my sake...a friend indeed...

I had such a busy week ahead, I had similar thoughts...can't be ill...Monday saw my secretary back from two months leave due to parental illness and worse...she is now trying to get 'back to normal' and I know how it feels...at the end of a long day I has supervision where I cried a bit and admitted I was going backwards a bit..a lot of stuff going on...things about my parents brought back up, pre-wedding stress..work stress..and me being me...

After supervision I almost ran to my nlp diet group..I had lost a whole pound - hooray! - then we were hypnotised and I went into a deep relaxing trance while being talked to about willpower..I think my subconscious heard it..I came round feeling peaceful and deeply relaxed.looked at my watch, jumped up and ran back the length of the high street, got back to my office and ran a two hour training session on child protection - or safeguarding children as it is now known. Got home at 10pm...

Tuesday passed ok but I didn't feel at all well Tuesday evening and wondered if I was going down with Liz's lurgy...I was very stressed, and my tummy was all knotted, and Laa came round to talk through a few things...by Wednesday morning I knew all was not well with my stomach..I went into work late and spent the day feeling fragile. I would have had an early night but - joy of joys! - James came home for the evening and we really had a good night, lots of talking and sharing and a few hugs for me, bless him...it was lvoely to have some time even if I did feel ill and fall asleep on the sofa...

I should have had today off, I was still unwell this morning, but Nikki has gone skiing (so inconsiderate) and I had a volunteers' training day to run and a Parenting Programme to run this evening. I managed to keep going with the help of a cup of tea and slices of toast..finally collapsing into bed at 10pm.

The upside of the last few days is that I should have lost a few more pounds when I weigh in at the nlp group next week!!! And another thing, when you are busy, you don't have time to be miserable. So there.

2 comments:

Rainbow dreams said...

I feel like telling you to just slow down and take care of yourself... just a little...
but I guess you will, it sounds so hectic...
hope you feel better soon, Katie,x

Kathryn said...

Ooh...you have a clever Sally picture now! What fun :-) xx