Friday, March 16, 2007

More swollen....

The bridge of my nose has swollen more, and I have been taking ibuprofen for the discomfort and slight headache that appears to go with the problem. I know, I know, probably time to go to the doctor, but no time today...we shall see...

One of the problems of being in business with a Very Busy Person, is that business meetings are scheduled more 'hopefully' than definitely. We have work to do. We now try to meet every Monday evening which does work, but there is a great deal of time wasted with, will he come round early and go back and eat, or eat first and come round later, but he must get back early as he has to leave at 6.30am next day to head up north..or other issues which means that Monday nights are not without their tensions. Still this Monday we got a lot done.

Other probable work opportunities were remote communication on Weds evening, sometime on Thursday evening when he got back, and Friday afternoon, to prepare stuff for a meeting next Monday. Weds evening didn't go to plan, as his lateness contacting me and the fact that he still hadn't eaten meant he was tired, and although we did some work via mobiles and laptops, it was late and we didn't get much done. So we went for the option of Thurs evening on his return from the north..whenever that might be. I turned down an invite to meet up with Jacky on Thursday, and swimming with Rosemarie on Friday, due to my 'business commitments.'

I then realised that the situation (as you know, probably) means I spend a great deal of time waiting for phone calls (he was definitely going to call me at 12.30pm Weds with some address I needed..he called at 8pm...) I put aside Weds evening and just ended up getting frustrated waiting while he went out to eat, waiting for a call back, at nearly 10pm...then I thought, I have put aside Thursday evening and he 'thinks' he will get away on time..and having turned down swimming on Friday, he informs me he will now be in meetings in London and 'should' be back in time, but can't promise....

So I do a quick bit of thinking, and when he phones at 6pm Thurs to tell me he is on his way down from Yorks, due to arrive at 8pm, I tell him I am going to see Jacky for the evening, and suggest he just goes home. He is surprised. He then says maybe we can meet up late Friday afternoon if he can get away..and I say no, I am going swimming with Rosemarie..he is further surprised. But he does have a habit of saying we can meet at various times that work for him, assuming I am free and not checking what I am doing. I cancel things I could do in order to be free 'just in case.' You can see where this is leading..it leads to me becoming frustrated and resentful, and actually he takes no responsibility for planning time because he assumes I will just be there whenever. Wrong.

This is not sour grapes, it is just the situation, and I have to take control, and only plan for time that is definite, if not, I won't hang around. Much more healthy. So last night found me having dinner with Jacky and a girly catch up as we haven't seen each other for weeks (I haven't had a lunchtime free in two weeks - I am also juggling a busy full time job and evening meetings, it's not like I have all the time in the world....) and she looks at my swollen nose and worries about my cocaine habit. As a nurse, she concludes I may have an infection under there somewhere...bizarre...we have a healthy dinner, and once again I admire Jacky's slim figure in jeans, as last year she has gone down from a size 18 to a size 12..how come all my friends (naming no names...) can do it and I can't????

Today after a busy morning I am going to find time to meet Rosemarie for an early birthday lunch, and later go swimming, followed by a trip to London for Oli's leaving do. Should be a good day.

2 comments:

Rainbow dreams said...

Hope you have a good day, and a good trip. it is so frustrating waiting for other people. I'm pleased you're taking control and having more fun by the sounds of it.
Are you sure there is no time for the doctor? Take care of your nose, Katie,x

Merlin said...

I think the term is "go girl"