Thursday, March 22, 2007

Lovely things..continued....

After a long day involving a drive to a lvoely little hotel in Bishop Stortford to deliver training....a drive, it has to be said, during which I felt happy (I know, it doesn't happen very often), the sun was shining, and an hour's drive at 7.30am meant I could listen to Terry Wogan uninterrupted, and he often makes me laugh, I love the music he plays, and when he played the Comic Relief version of 500 miles with The Pretenders and Peter Kay etc, I laughed out loud and wished I had recorded said programme....)

Talking of recording programmes, don't worry Liz, that you ruined the ending of Mansfield Park for me, as when I settled on the sofa to watch it on Tuesday evening, all I had was the last 20 s*dding minutes of Extras..I have followed all your instructions with the equipment, and all is working well, except when you (or I, really,) press record when you are watching something, it magically records another s*dding channel.....I will work on that..still someone else told me Darth Vader turned out to be her father, so I don't need to watch it....actually, more to the point, as I came to bed having decided not to watch the end on Sunday might, Laura texted me with 'Eeeuw..they are cousins, that's not right at all.....' which caused me much amusement, so no, I don't need to see the ending.....I told her cousins doing it wasn't against the law, but it ought to be illegal to let them have children..(private joke, some of you will get it, if you don't ask Liz...)

ANYWAY..what I set out to say was that after a long day's training in BS (see opening sentence) I was whisked to London by family to see Billy Elliot..I know I saw it 18 months ago, but absolutely lvoed it, and wanted to share it with them...I watched enthralled, captivated, consumed..as usual, with my family coming from another planet they all thought it was 'OK' with James' Amy saying 'It wasn't as bad as she thought it was going to be.' OMG.

The only person who should have really lvoed it was Laura, who really wanted to see it, but she remembered after we took our seats in the gods, about 1500 feet up from the stage, and at a 45 degree angle, that Mec has vertigo and he looked alarmingly unhappy and ill, and so she had to take him out, and they reappeared below right in a private box which was super only it had a crap view of the stage..you win some you lose some....

We went out for pizza after, I had a small glass of red wine, got very happy and relaxed, much to the amusement of my family, who haven't seen me drink, a(although rumours are reaching them....). I slept all the way home on the train, the evening made complete by discovering finally that the trendy guy I was sat next to, who everyone else seemed to recognise, and I was nearly blinded by the jewels in his watch..was Chico...so there. Be impressed. Be very impressed. (Who?)

F*ck me is that the time? I'll be late for work. I meant this to be a short blog....

No comments: