Sunday, April 30, 2006

A Very Social Sunday...

..in fact a Social Weekend, if you consider we had J & I round last night, and I haven't done 'social' in quite a while......I didn't quite make it up in time for church this morning, so Clive went alone, but didn't hassle me for which I'm grateful. I got up (after blogging, doing a code word and a rather tricky sudoku) and did more cleaning and tidying whilst listening to Kate Rusby on very loud..just lvoe her.

Then we headed off to James' in Highgate where we had been invited for lunch..ended up making ourselves coffee and doing all his washing up while he ran someone home.......hmmm....after three quarters of an hour he reappeared and we walked to a local pub for lunch..and I paid! It was rammed, took an hour to get a rather inadequate and luke warm roast beef dinner with rock hard vegetables. I could do better for £9.95!! Still it is just round the corner from George Michael's house...I wasn't at all happy leaving the car parked on the road there....

We were invited to my God-Father's house for tea...haven't seen him for a couple of years...he was pleased to see us. He is very small, Ludwik, Polish, and must be about 4' 6" small, no really, and it is very funny to see James towering over him at 6' 4"!! He gave us cups of tea and platefuls of cakes, which he insisted we ate..I think we managed about three each before admitting defeat, and he was still offended there were some left....

We took James home, and left him feeling quite unwell, and came back to St Albans for Laa's best friend Amy's engagement party. This was in a trendy pub with loads of young people, a live band and a good vibe..a bit too good for Clive who was feeling his 60 years and just wanted to go home to bed. There was a buffet...lovely..but when I was offered a large slice of chocolate engagement cake, I did have to decline. Laura was keen to eat hers, so gave me her vodka and lemonade to hold while she ate it...unfortunately I managed to drink it all , didn't realise she wanted it back.....

By 10 to 10 Clive was fading fast so we left the party and came home....people were dancing to the band, I wanted to dance....but no, here I am tucked up with my laptop..oh well...night night.... oh Caroline is texting me I can't cope I think the vodka has gone to my head.....

2 comments:

Rainbow dreams said...

After your last post had to look up Kate Rusby - only heard snippets but might just add her to my blog finds music collection :-) love the fact I get to know about music I'd never have heard of before - thanks

Caroline said...

couldn't you send him home by taxi?! :)

sounds like a rather excellent weekend...