Monday, April 24, 2006

Feeling warm and humble.....

..warm from the lvoely comments made on my last blog...you are all much too nice, I don't deserve you...which is why I feel humble and small and grateful for such understanding friends, who don't judge me...well not in my blog anyway!!!
Last night, when curled up on sofa with doggie (both of us breaking the rules as we were alone...) I decided to watch something I had recorded recently, cos there was only cr*p on TV..so I watched 'An Officer and a Gentleman' which I haven't seen for years..not a good choice to watch when feeling emotional, I cried buckets at the happy ending, good job I was alone...... waited all day at work for Richard Gere to turn up and rescue me. He never did, damn him.

So busy at work with last year's accounts, this year's budget, last year's annual statistics, a possible funding cut by one of my core funders, a major audit pending from another core funder, and reports I have to write justifying the service we offer..never mind the visits I should be making. Have sent a questionnaire to every volunteer, referrer and person we support asking how our service helps...we have had such a high return back, and people's stories of their lives and how we have helped them I still find so moving, even after 5 years in this job. Yes, this is where I find God, in seeing how some people give freely of their time, to help others, and what a difference it makes. I can't share these stories, but I so want to. Hope I haven't said too much!

Anyway..the picture..out walking with Sophie, Jill and Harry tonight. Just had to take a photo of this bush in full blossom..it smelt beautiful too!

6 comments:

Caroline said...

couldn't last out til morning...sorry, richard gere spent today with me but i promise to bring him with me next week... :)
love you

1 i z said...

Richard Gere with Caroline?

With hamsters in the house????

Oh my how the rumour mill will rumble.

sally said...

Well, she did have hamsters until yesterday....and why is Richard smiling like that??? Don't really think I want him now thanks....

Kathryn said...

lol
LOVE you...all 3.
How did I manage before I knew you?

1 i z said...

...And now she's claiming the hamsters smell. It just gets worse and worse...

Caroline said...

lolololololol :)