Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The rumours of my incapacity....

..were much exaggerated! How could you take me so seriously? Did you really think a sore finger and a wheezy cough would stop me attending an Ops meeting?????? Oh ye of little faith...I had a great time. Friday evening saw me and DC booking into our hotel, along with D & M, and it was a slight improvement on the Travel Lodge, a class of its own, even if D&M were in the main house and our rooms were in the stables!!!! We got an out of season deal which made it cheaper than the Travel Lodge, and included a very fine breakfast....

Saturday brought us to the Ops meeting which passed peacefully enough, and we managed to get some work done , together with a little catching up on a personal level. Yes, my finger was very sore and displaying some alarming colours, so that the two doctors in attendance were keen to lance it with a needle and generally save my life. I was very reluctant to engage with this procedure, but then decided to accept on the grounds that their concern worried me. I asked the resident GP who thoughtfully had her medical bag in the car, if she would be happy to treat my finger, and she said yes she would. Lovely. Then I forgot, she forgot....and so I still had swollen and throbbing finger.

Happily, as I thought, it kind of took care of itself during Sunday, but as it was still red and sore and the red swelling was tracking round underneath the nail, I decided to do as I was told and seek medical advice. Sorry to bother you with a pathetic sore finger, I told the practice nurse on Monday morning. Mmmm she said, looking at it carefully. Could end up in blood poisoning if we don't treat it ....so now in addition to the inhaler in the mornings, I take the anti-depressants and large penicillin filled horse-pills. Never say I don't take care of myself.....

Saturday evening found us installed in a nearby pub having good food and drink, and relaxing with the few friends who had the stamina to stay over!

Sunday morning was very good....no rush to get up, a lazy breakfast, then a couple of hours in the residents lounge, drinking coffee and catching up with Liz who came in to round off the weekend in a leisurely manner. We had fun watching the crowds of over dressed locals coming in for Sunday lunch. The smell of roast beef and all the trimmings was so tempting..but sadly we had all eaten so much over the weekend, we couldn't face it.

At about half past two we thought we ought to head home, although it was tempting to stay..first we had a little walk around the grounds, befriending a few ducks and a couple of tame peacocks..unfortunately, although I took some pics, my camera phone is fairly crap, so I am relying on the lvoely Liz to provide the photographic evidence....

5 comments:

Caroline said...

hrumph.

Rainbow dreams said...

Am pleased you had a good weekend :-) Katie

1 i z said...

Caroline my love we missed you so much.

Gaffer tape willing I hope you'll make it to the July meet? We can recreate bits of this weekend then for you if you like (stick some peacock feathers to the back of your chair whilst you chase DC down etc...).

Sally - can we have a finger update? I'm sure Dulux have colour charts on-line somewhere so you can track the progress of the anti-biotics...

Caroline said...

oh, sorry!" i'm pleased you had a good weekend too! i am I am! sounds wonderful and I missed you all! you especially of course!hope you're finger is better. I'm not sure I'd trust lancing a finger to a GP who can't type her own name tho.... ;)

1 i z said...

it's the prescriptions you have to watch