Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Diet? What diet?

Whoever said I was on a diet? Oh, I did. Well, I will be after I have finished my yummy Easter Egg. And I am only having yoghurt for breakfast. And a sandwich for lunch. Oh, except for today when I met Rosemarie for lunch at a nice Italian near me (note to self, disabled access good, check.) and we shared a roast aubergine/courgette/pepper/tomato/garlic starter..delicious...then I had pasta carbonara...more delicious...

The only downside to the lunch was the fact that the little Italian waitress cried the whole time..we tried to ask her if she was ok, well she obviously wasn't, but didn't want to talk about it with a restaurant full of customers..she served the whole meal with red watery eyes, always on the verge of tears, and was hiding in corners when nobody was looking. We did want to sit her down and find out what was wrong. Some of you may remember a blog when I mentioned going out for a meal with a group of people, including DC, who flirted outrageously with the waitress all night, and kissed her when he paid the bill..the very same..do you think she is pining for him?

I really didn't need a meal tonight, so I didn't have one. I just had a banana..chopped up in a bowl..with a generous amount of evaporated milk. I told Laura ...she said, 'Mum, you get more like Winnie the Pooh every day....'

I gave Rosemarie a belated Lindt chocolate Easter bunny..yes I had it at home all week and hadn't eaten it! She e-mailed me to say the little bell round his neck had rung all the way home in the car. She has now become attached to him, and as a vegetarian, feels she can't eat him now. Oh dear.......

5 comments:

1 i z said...

Pining? I doubt it.

More likely the experience traumatised her and she's still recovering...

;-)

sally said...

Hee hee hee hee....I love my friends.......

1 i z said...

Yes, yes, but do you lvoe us?

We need that special Sally lvoe :-)

sally said...

You knoe that I lvoe you.....

1 i z said...

:-)