Tuesday, May 02, 2006

And finally.....

..a good bank holiday Monday to follow! We went with Laa and Mec to do a second viewing of a little house I looked at with them last week...it's lovely and after some thinking they have decided to out an offer in!!! My baby...might be really grown up and own (figuratively speaking..) a house. And it's two minutes drive from my house, which is lvoely, I didn't think they would settle in St Albans, Brighton and London having been talked about..still, I won't say too much about it til it's signed and settled..then I'll moan like hell about the kitchen which is lvoely and mine is not.......should one envy one's daughter's kitchen???

They came back for coffee and hot cross buns while we debated their finances and we all put our sensible heads on rather than the 'I love the shower, buy the house' and 'Oh they have a little cat and a cat flap, like you, it must be a sign' sort of discussion which me and Laa have and Mec just looks at us sadly.....

After they left I got back into devastating spring cleaning mode, starting with the downstairs loo and continuing with the lounge, moving large red sofas and hoovering into every corner, under cushions and everything....only frustration was a little tool from the hoover missing, the very one I needed with a brush one side and flat bit the other for doing the sofas..why is there always the one bit you need missing?

Had a much needed break to go doggy walking with good friends J and P and doggy Ellie, to the bluebell woods in Sandridge. They know me well enough and are understanding and long suffering enough to listen to me go on about anything and everything from my feelings about my parents, work, home and the urgent need for a new toy boy. 'What's the criteria?' said J. 'Just sex?' As if! 'No,' I said, 'Just occasional availability to talk to me, and not say, 'Shouldn't you have achieved closure on this by now?' when I mention my father....

A dog walk with J usually ends in a cup of tea and something lvoely that she has made, this time, shortbread, and I, at last, gave in to her curiosity about my blog, and showed it to her and gave her the web address. J is doing an MA or MSC or something impressive, and is worried she might start spending time reading blogs instead of working on her essays. Now that won't happen, boys and girls, will it????

1 comment:

Caroline said...

i don't know anyone who would do that sally.

:) no really i don't!