Friday, April 28, 2006

Evening reflection.....

..random thoughts....worked hard today..went swimming with R, but only did 10 lengths before coffee and chatting! Home to finish chocolate easter egg before a dog walk with Jill and Harry (and Sophie of course) in the evening spring sunshine. Look, they both waited patiently while Jill and I did a bit of shopping! (Little and Large, otherwise known as Sophie and Harry.)

Evening thought..how do you stop people from hurting you? Answer..take away the power they have to hurt you. How? Stop caring? Stop feeling? Care for yourself? Forgive them, for they know not what they do? Perhaps that's where God comes in, again..perhaps if you let God lvoe you, then when people let you down, it doesn't matter quite so much..because God will always love you, and never let you down....the thing is to remember that, even when you can't feel God.....like the story of the two sets of footprints in the sand. But God, look, you left me, there is only one set of footprints. Yes my child..that is when we hopped...

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

lvoe you :-) xx

Caroline said...

he's of no bloody use with a wheelchair on sand.....

Rainbow dreams said...

I wish I knew how to stop the hurting - am not sure we can or else we wouldn't be human.
I'm sure having those who love and care for you around you helps and I like to think he does carry me - but I still feel the bumps in the road.....

10 lengths sounds a long way to me - be kind to yourself and take care, Katie

1 i z said...

Oh Sall I was really starting to get concerned then...until I read the last line ;-)

Btw Mark confessed today that somewhere between booking for Iona and now his finger tip grasp on faith seems to have all but completely disappated.

I suggested I tell Gill this...no that we'd want to put any pressure on the programme at all...just the eternal soul of Mave at stake ;-)

Alternatively we thought we might form Heretics Corner.

Room for one more ;-)