Friday, March 31, 2006

Oh no....


I didn't have a very good night. Woke coughing and wheezing. Haven't mentioned on my blog, I think, that recently my very mild to non-existent asthma has taken a turn for the worse and I am now a wheezy person and the owner of two 'puffers' as my mum used to call them, a brown steroid one and a blue one, but I'm not totally sure how and when to sue them, and I'm worse at night, and what with that and taking the same anti-depressants my mum used to take, it's downright scary. Not only that but I threw away quite a few after mum died, not realising I would need them!

Also my throat is very slightly sore, and I have a poorly sore finger which I am treating by sitting it in a mug of very hot salty water - not actually this minute, but now and again.

When I did sleep, in the early hours, it was so weird, I found myself in a house where suddenly my parents were there again, in their pyjamas, my mum telling me she couldn't breathe and asking why I hadn't brought her up a cup of tea, so I was in the kitchen doing it, and crying, and telling myself this is only a dream, they have died, but when I took the tea up, no, there they were, and I cried more cos they were ill and we had let mum's place in the home go when she died, so I would have to leave and go back to work, and how would they manage at home? I actually thought of seeing them dead, which I did, so I knew I hadn't imagined it, and I had been to their funerals, but no, here they were needing looking after. I decided to ring my bereavement counsellor, Viv, and ask her what to do!!!! I think this dream is brought on by my secretary having time off to look after her elderly and ill parents, who are taking it in turns to be in hospital or at home needing 24 hour care, and she is looking as stressed as I was this time last year!!!

I am hoping to have most of today off to potter about and do domestic things and iron jeans, etc, but I must go into work for a bit and finish my newsletter..then home to pack and get ready for the weekend away!! Looking forward to it, only feeling weird on account of the dream, the coughing and wheezing, sore throat and poorly red swollen finger. Will probably spend Saturday in the local A&E having my finger lanced!!

Now who would have thought I was an optimist? Clive suggested this morning, when he brought in my tea, and I listed my woes, that I wasn't well enough to go away, and I should stay at home. Answers on a post card.......

6 comments:

Stuart said...

Sal,
We would so miss you if you were not there, however, Ikind of think you need to put getting better first. Still big cuddles are also good medicine ;)

1 i z said...

What Stuart said.

Hugs will be yours either way. Delievered by text if not in person.

Do hope that you feel well enough to come. Would miss you so much. Plus remember we have medical staff should your finger need attention.

Mind you given that last time I broke a nail in the vicinity of the GB hospital they decided to give me a huge bandage, maybe they over-react just a tad?

Rainbow dreams said...

Hope you're feeling better soon, Katie

Kathryn said...

Oh sweetie...Do hope you get there. Being with that particular group of lunatics is likely to be highly therapeutic. Love to everyone xx

Rachel said...

GB hospital...I was their first patient one year...a splinter that we couldn't get out. The person there had trouble too and a cheerful paramedic suggested that amputation was the only solution. Thankfully I escaped with my finger intact!!!

Hope you feel better soon, & you get your asthma stuff sorted.

Love you!

Have a good weekend, wherever you end up!

Rach xx

1 i z said...

Progress Report?

How is the poorly finger today?

Level of green colouring?