Sunday, October 02, 2005

Where was I?

Oh yes, Friday and my AGM..went well, had three volunteers talk about the work they do, given that it's the Year of the Volunteer! Went down very well. My talk was ok too. Was a busy day....a quick way to get back in to things after two weeks holiday! And it continued...Saturday spent all day with a charity collecting tin at a local supermarket..we made about £200, not bad..then drove up to a village in Beds. for the wedding reception of Clive's niece..no, the daughter of the guy whose mother is Clive's mother's sister.....great niece??? First cousin? First cousin once removed?? I give up.

Had not been feeling well since coming back from Greece, so we left at 10pm for the hour and a half drive home. I did most of it, being the sober one, but then had to give up around Stevenage and get Clive to take over. So tired, a bit head-achy and a bit flu-ey. Then Sunday, up at 7am to take Laura and Mec to Heathrow for their flight to Bangkok for their 2 week holiday in Thailand. They were so excited..hope they have a good time. Then I drove on to Bristol, sold my dad's car to the gut who bought it on e-bay - (I washed it and bits were falling off the body work!) But it started first time, I took the £50 and the car was duly driven away.

I then spent a good hour cleaning mum and dad's house, it was looking a bit sad, and still not sold. I hoovered, cleaned, polished and dusted, and left it looking happier. I drove away after two hours there, feeling very peaceful, and it was the first time I had been there and not got upset. Felt calm and ok.

However, still felt unwell and very tired, and had to stop at a motor way service station and sleep. That, combined with accidents and Sunday night traffic jams, meant it took from 3pm until 7pm to get home. But I had to do it cos we were going to Highgate to take James out for dinner for his birthday. 29! My baby is 29!! Had to get Clive to drive there and back, as I had done over 7 hours driving that day..just managed a meal although I wasn't hungry, but had fun with James and Hilary and gave James his pressie....a juicer. What he wanted..apparently he spent the moring of his birthday (Monday) happily juiicing various fruits and making lvoely healthy drinks. You see, my kids don't do cigarettes or drugs, they do fruit smoothies. I must have been a good mother.

2 comments:

1 Romantic Wedding said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kathryn said...

You don't say, but I do hope you are feeling better today love. Sounds like quite a heavy w'end...Hugs