Wednesday, October 05, 2005

What a bizarre day!

Yesterday was strange but busy! Ran the first of a new Prep coruse with 9 new keen volunteers signing up. Enjoyed running the session: I lvoe training and there was a real buzz to the day and they are all keen to come back next week!

As soon as they ahd all gone I took myself off to the hospital for the blood tests my doctor wanted me to have. Short wait, lotrs of blood, abck to the fofice...except I got a friend to pick me up to save the walk back and we fitted in a milk shake and a bannoffee waffle cos I hadn't had a lunch break..mmm...

Back to the office for a while then off to the doctor's to see the nurse for an ECG (that the doctor wanted...) it could only happen to me, I strip off and lay out like a beached whale in a room that was, frankly, a little chilly, to find that it was a new machine that the nurse hadn't used before. First she rang a colleague in another surgery to find out how to switch it on..then she wasn't sure how to wire me up, so had to look through two instruction books,..'Oh, I can only find Spanish and French, sorry about this, are you ok?' 'yes fine thanks' (bloody cold) after a while she looked at me and said, oops, let's cover you up, and she popped a blanket across my chest. Thanks I said, it is a bit nippy..I wasn;t sure if she realised I was cold or the sight of so much sagging fleshed appalled her.....anyway, eventaually she found the right book, the right page, in English, that told her how to wire me up. Lead F, the left arm, she said, attaching it happily. I think you'll find that's my right arm, I said helpfully. Oh, so it is, thank you. Forgive me for lying there desperately wanting to ask, do they give you any training here when you get new equipment?

Oh, you are the very first person I've tested with this machine, said the nurse happily as the paper print out shot out of the top. Really, I would never have guessed. Now, she shouldn't tell me, it's really up to the doctor, but she doesn;t want me worrying, so the reading shows no problems. I'm ok. But...yes, great minds think alike. Has she done it right?

Had to rush home to pick up the dog to go to the vet..Sophie has a limp..and that co-incided with a GB conference phone call re the Nov weekend. Ended up joining the call while trying to pay for the visit and the pills with my credit card , hold Sophie on her lead, listen to the call.. eventually sat in the car park for an hour while we plan the weekend by committee..oh joy....the car has been empty of petrol for two days so decide to head off and fill up.....it's gone 7.30pm and I haven't been home yet and I remember I still have to go to Laura's and feed the cat..................

Now, what did I leave behind on my trip away? Oh, sorry time to go to work, no time, tell you later.....................

No comments: