Friday, October 28, 2005

Cool and trendy.....

...Yes, cool and trendy, that's me. It's time to 'come out' and challenge those of you who blog about going to gigs, complete with pics, to hear 'new' bands which, let's be honest, the rest of us have never heard of. It's only done to impress.

I, however, have access to the real cool dudes, the real professionals working in this country today. I was honoured last night, to work as tech support for Brendan Shine and his ceilidh band...Brendan has been around a while, but talent stands the test of time. He was playing (and I quote from the programme here,) 'some of the best of his 35 international hit singles'. How many bands can boast that, hey?

I have to confess I hadn't heard of his most famous song, his greatest hit, which he sang to end the gig, to raptuous applause, 'Do you want your auld lobby washed down?' Due to a technical hitch with a couple of lamps on the front of house bar (not focused or angled correctly, they cut off the top of Brendan's head, not my doing) I was required to perform emergency follow-spot cover, and so enjoyed the gig from out front. You would be trendies, eat your hearts out.

No comments: