Sunday, October 09, 2005

What Sally did next.....

What did I do next, after my adventures in Cambridge? Well, I went back into the office on Friday, and was invited out to lunch with my two best sick friends, David C, off work with a bad back (still) and Dave Sh, off work with his kidney condition, well, they picked me up and whisked me to the waffle house, where over milk shakes and waffles I told them of my Cambridge adventures (see blogs below) and it had the desired effect - general merriment. It's the way I tell them.. I do believe in helping the sick. Laughter is a great healer. They dropped me off for my bereavement counselling session. I walked back - in the rain - of course I wouldn't have got wet if I hadn't left my umbrella in David's car....

No wonder I am getting fatter by the minute - after the waffles, that evening Clive and I went out for an Indian with Jacky and Peter. It was lovely, but I was so full......

Saturday night - no peace for the wicked - I worked at the theatre, doing follow-spot for a Country Legends Tribute Night. I tell you, it was a sell out, the grey brigade were in, and they loved it and joined in with all the songs. I stood with my follow spot for two hours and tried to pay attention - I enjoy most shows and most music, but this one just lacked something. Though I do admit to having a little dance and joining in with 'My achy, breaky heart'. I have to be careful when I dance otherwise the follow-spot wobbles. And if I lose concentration for a second, I look up to find the singer has moved and I am lighting up empty stage..so unprofessional....

By the time the show has finished, and we have packed up, put away mikes and mike stands, lights, coiled miles of cable, taken down speakers, staging, loaded everything into flight cases, lifted everything off the stage and loaded it into the van, when it's cold and rainy, and we don't finish til midnight and I am dog tired, by knees ache, my back hurts and I just want my bed, I do wonder why I am still doing this for £5 an hour?? Still, it gets me out on a Saturday night....

I did other exciting things last week. But it's bed time now, I'll tell you more tomorrow......sleep well.

1 comment:

Stuart said...

In Novemeber ask me about my follow spot experience with Phil Cool (what a name dropper i am or Phil who? delet as applicable)