Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Getting there....

Spent last night going through paperwork and crying quite a lot, just cos, and Clive wisely let me get on with it and just cooked dinner! I sat down to eat, and sniffed a lot, then settled down to watch Love Soup to take my mind off things....did you catch the scene when she went to her parents' grave and thought about their not exisiting anymore, and wondering how to cope?? I just did a sharp intake of breath and thought, I don't believe this, how close to home is this, can I take it? When the voice came from the other gravestone and there was this hologram of the girl playing the organ and singing...what genius, how that writer turns situations around!!!! Alright, so I can gues some of the plot set-ups, but they are fun anway.....

Managed work this morning after another bad night - even did a staff member's annual appraisal! But then have taken the afternoon off, to be kind to myself, and have been going through house papers, solicitors' letters, phoning card companies, the water board, the ground rent people.....filling in probate forms..it has to be done, and I need space and time to do it. My brother is doing stuff too, don't be alarmed! But the house sale stuff seems to be coming here.

A friend is coming round for a cup of tea and promising to bring something creamy and delicious in half an hour or so (or more!!) so that is something to look forward to. I keep trying to post more photos, but when I click on the pic that says 'Add image,' nothing happnes! Same with spell check symbol. Any clues, you clever geeks out there?????

2 comments:

1 i z said...

Not sure why your 'buttons' aren't working, but if you're composing in the edit html window the code you need is as follows:

(img src="http://www.photoname.jpg")

Except use < where I've used (

I can't here because then it thinks it code!

And you obviously need to put the relevant target url for the photo between the " " marks (to find this, go to wherever the photo is on-line, right click on it and select properties)

Rachel said...

No geek advice from me...sorry...I learnt how to do it once, but lack of time & blogging mainly in breaks at work has meant I've forgottn.

But just wanted to say, thinking of you & glad you are taking things a day at a time - you are indeed a wonderful woman and hopefully I'll see you sometime next year...hopefully August!