Saturday, October 15, 2005

Sorry, can't talk about it....

..work, that is. Apart from saying that it is going really well, once again I am focused on it, enjoying it, really busy and not enough hours in the day, don't know how I managed without Nikki..and so much to tell you..but I can't, cos I'm not allowed to.

I went to the doctor Friday, had all the results of my heart and blood tests and he confirmed I am 'A' ok, nothing wrong with me (if the nurse did it right..see earlier blog...) Would it surprise you if I told you in the 'it could only happen to me' mould, while I am discussing my state of mind, and how I am doing on the tablets..the doctor takes not one, but two calls on his mobile phone????? I think this is unprofessional, unacceptable, etc etc, can't believe it, but when he puts the phone down and says, 'Sorry about that..where were we...' I say, 'That's ok.'..... who teaches assertiveness???

My bereavement counsellor is amazed at the difference in me. The doctor is. Everyone who sees me is amazed to hear me laughing, and they look at me and say, 'You look better'. No-one has yet beaten DC's comment of 'You don't look as haggard as before...' out of the mouths of babes......

I hope it's not just the pills. I hope it lasts. It's good to feel normal for a while..and yes, even emotionally stable!! I'd better go back to the doctor next week to see if he's exchanged contracts on his house. He did seem rather stressed.....

4 comments:

1 i z said...

Sally, really pleased to read this. So glad things are feeling a little better at least.

As for DC's comment, I will slap him on your behalf next time I see him. What's he like!

Kathryn said...

Happy hugs...that's lovely to hear :-)
but yes...that GP was way out of order, imho.Just as well he was telling you good news!

Caroline said...

splendid news,keep smiling!

1 i z said...

Btw I love the idea of you checking up that the doctor is coping with his stress ok!

lol!