Saturday, October 01, 2005

Where have I been???

You may well ask. We had two weeks on two Greek Islands, Ikaria and Samos, which are quite a long way down south, just off the Turkish coast. That's for those of you who like Geography. I will post some pictures very soon, so will save holiday comments til then. Suffice to say I read a lot - four books compared with none during the whole year..now I am back in to reading, and that is good for one's mental health. I read for hours, lying under a sunshade on the beach, then swam in the clear, warm, blue sea, then slept a bit while I dried out, stared into space a lot, stared at the horizon...then felt the need to visit a Greek Taverna for wonderful fresh orange juice, tomato salad, bread, fried aubergines..sitting in the open air, eating the most wonderful food...then I would lie down and read my book again, and go through the whole cycle again! Quite magic and healing and restful and lots of other words.

Had my AGM on Friday, so wrote my speech on the plane coming back on Thursday! Didn't sleep so well Thursday night, worrying a bit about being unprepared for the AGM, and talking in front of 50 people inc the committee and the mayor and the MP - the talking doesn't bother me, but not being sure of what I'm going to say does! Decided to set my alarm for 7.30am and go into work early and write up my talk in peace. Clive had Friday off, so he was none to pleased when my phone alarm went off and I leapt out of bed and put the light on. I had only been asleep about an hour myself, it felt like. In Greece I woke up to Bright blue sky and blistering sun pouring in.....now it felt like the middle of the night, so bloody dark. 'It feels like the middle of the night' I said to Clive who groaned and pulled the duvet over his head. I looked out..it really was dark....then I remembered my phone was still on Greek time, so it was actually 5.30 am...how popular was I????

1 comment:

Caroline said...

lolololol so of course you got up and went into work anyway...?
the holiday sounds so nice, glad you enjoyed it
xc