Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Last week continued.....

Monday found me back in the office trying to catch up with post holiday e-mails, post and phone calls. Took my two colleagues out to lunch, to say thank you for holding the fort while I relaxed in Greece. Then they went home while I sat at my desk, fought my headache and general unwellness until 7.30pm!!!! So much to do and so little time......because the weekend had been busy I hadnt been shopping, so Clive rang to say he'd cooked potatoes, but there was nothing else....I dragged myself to a shop, bought ncie sausages (is there such a thing???) , gave them to Clvie to cook and immediately went to sleep on the sofa.

He woke me up, I ate, went back to sleep, then took myslef up to bed at 9pm to sleep properly and get rid of this lurking lurgy. I had a training day on Tuesday, Child Protection based, and managed to get through it before going home to collapse yet again. Must have picked something up on the plane, some strange virus...for the next two days, Nikki and I were off to Cambridge for the Eastern Region 2 day conference, in an old Elizabethan hall, with wonderful food and a chance to meet others like us from around the region...this is my fifth year of attending!!! Didn;t want to mis it. So was delighted to wake up Weds morning to find head ache gone and feeling a bit more human. Hooray, time to party!! before tomorrow's fascinating instalment, the cliff hanger is....Sally is going away for two days...what did she forget to pack?????

3 comments:

1 i z said...

oooh can we have a sweepstake? I'll put a quid on a hairdryer!

Glad to hear you're feeling better lovely Sall :-)

Kathryn said...

I will NEVER forget the weekend away that we managed as a family when I was about 6...My mum had been ill alot so we didnt tend to do holidays, and on this occasion the joy of being in a posh hotel was rather spoiled by the anxiety resulting from the fact that I knew my dad had forgotten...his pyjamas....NO..surely not!

Caroline said...

you forget what you like girl... just make sure they serve you the food you ordered. cooked properly.

so glad you're blogging again. love you.
xC