Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thinking, thinking, thinking...

Generally I think too much. It's going over and over stuff in my head is like being on a ride I can't get off, and it exhausts me and consumes me. That's why I like being asleep so much! It gives me a break. All the thinking about stuff going on in my life is like twisting the knife in a wound, and it only hurts me, and eventually the emotion overspills into endless crying or the anger emerges with shouting, hitting things and..well, the language...you wouldn't believe..or maybe you would...

I don't know where the anger comes from, I never knew all my life I had so much anger inside..not sure it always gets directed appropriately, though... (sometimes it does...oh believe me...)

Well, this morning, when I was still feeling ok, I heard some words, some unexpected words: ill chosen? Thoughtless? I took it badly, I was angry and upset. I said so fairly forcefully and put the phone down. But the thing is..the good thing is, yes I was upset, but I didn't cry. Yes, I was hurt and angry, but I didn't lose it. I just felt it, acknowledged it and thought about it, and saw things a little differently. I decided I need to handle things a little differently. make a few decisions and stick to them....

The other good thing is, I was ok. Still balanced. Still went to work and got on with stuff, didn't collapse like a mad woman. I left work at the end of the day, still thinking, but still feeling ok, and telling myself that being in control, in balance, was good.

Until I walked a while in the unseasonable cold and rain to where my car was parked, a little way from the office..and it wasn't there...and then it dawned on me..I had been on a family visit during the day and had parked my car somewhere else...and so I had to walk round the whole block in aforementioned wind, cold and rain..unneccessarily....then I began to lose it...that just about did it. You muppet!

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Oh Sally....Had a heart stopping moment, as another good friend had her primary mode of transport stolen this week, and thought that might be where we were going...so hugely revlieved!
And impressed re your not losing it with the phonecall. Just been reading something re women (specially mums) and anger which made huge sense to me and suspect it would to you too. One day we'll get a chance to talk...xx

Caroline said...

so which muppet are you?

sally said...

Oh, need you ask? (tossing back hair petulantly...)

1 i z said...

Kermit in a wig?

;-)