Monday, April 09, 2007

Almost forgot...


..to share the book wot I read on my holiday..The Time Traveler's Wife... what an amazing story, and so well written and thought out..no sooner had I come to the end, than I turned straight back to page one, to re-read this story in the light of the knowledge and understanding which comes from having read the whole book, if that makes sense.
It is powerful, original, thought provoking and also a wonderful lvoe story, engaging me with the thought that maybe sometimes people are just meant for each other, soul mates, a perfect fit. It absorbed me for almost the whole holiday, I loved having the time to read non-stop, almost without interruption..oh go on, if you haven't read it, please do...

4 comments:

Caroline said...

we've just had this conversation so i'll just go oublic with my begging to differ! http://onepedestrianaway.blogspot.com/2006/12/from-your-lovely-comments.html

so the deal is on, i'll try to read it again and appreciate it and you'll settle down with mug of coffee and the Farenheit twins (Michael Faber). go on, you'll love it....(not)

Rachel said...

I want to read that book - I keep getting it and "The memory keeper's daughter" mixed up for some strange reason.

The latter book is with me on this trip and I'm hoping to have it read by the time I get home on Thursday! :)

Rainbow dreams said...

I've been thinking of reading it for a while - perhaps I'll give it a go then :)

Kathryn said...

I loved it. So did Luci.
I'm nervous of the Fahrenheit twins, though...