Wednesday, April 11, 2007

More books...

..Since finishing The Time Traveler's Wife (see previous post) I have finished two more books, and I am so pleased that the holiday has got me back into the wonderful habit of reading, and I intend to keep it up (like the swimming and the exercising, more of that later..) So I bring you:


Very different from TTTW but an interesting read, a good bit of historical research, and it kept me occupied on the four and a half hour flight back from Egypt as I really didn't fancy the film.


And now I have just finished this one, a lightweight read (sorry Caroline) which took a but of getting into, but turned out ok...quite funny but also a moving look at death and mourning and moving on....

So now you know.

2 comments:

1 i z said...

That's quite a reading habit you're picking up! I've got The Island, but haven't read it yet; will I like it do you think?

See if you moved to Manchester, you could come to this excellent Book Group I know...

sally said...

Will you like The Island? Not sure..don't really know your personal taste...a fairly easy read, but interesting....let me know what you think!! I haven't got round to reading Caroline's recommendations yet...