Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Good things...

..so far so good..I know it's only Tuesday, but last week I was fairly suicidal and crying all over my friends..this week the thinking positively is still working...yesterday, busy at work, both colleagues in, plus electrician who had to shut off all electrickery while he checked circuits, so no lights, heaters, phone, computers..ok..no kettle....no kettle??? I insisted for health and safety purposes that the staff should leave the building and so we went out for a long lunch..excellent for team building...

Today we started a new volunteers training course..a good group..and our first man!!!! It's only taken six years to get our first make volunteer! Has changed the dynamics already....I lvoe delivering training and today was fun....

Then tonight, V, who was my bereavement counsellor for a year, then my supervisor for a year, was so worried about the state of me last week, she insisted on seeing me this week..so I picked her up and we went to the pub..she hardly recognised me, bouncy and smiling, and we had a good evening..talked for over three hours, I had three cups of coffee - three! - and we shared the most gorgeous piece of cheesecake..I rolled in at almost 10.30pm reeking of coffee, the shame of it....and I think I have another friend...excellent...

Nothing much changes, but my attitude to life. What is going on inside my head. What I think, what I feel. Last week, totally out of control, totally emotion led. This week...a balance..long may it last...

No comments: