Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The not-so-burning bush...


Of course it's not still burning, you sillies!! There would be nothing left to show the tourists.... we saw the site inside the monastery where it was..it is now a small hallowed dark space where we may not go in..but they have transferred the bush outside where it is growing kind of out of a wall, luckily above our heads, so people can't reach and pull bits off, like they all try to...it's thriving, so no worries for the burning bush then..if you want to know more, look up the web site of St Catherine's Monastery, the oldest monastery in the world, at the foot on Mount Sinai. It is now owned and lived in by Greek Orthodox monks.
Thank you for the sympathy and tips on ipod head phones. I don't feel quite so silly now....
More pics to follow...still very tired, (and cold!) so about to go to bed......

7 comments:

1 i z said...

So not a reference to disasters in pre-holiday bikini-line preparations then?

Merlin said...

Just for the record Sally, I gave you some tips about the ipods but I said nothing about you not feeling silly.

sally said...

Oh Liz, thank you for making me laugh..at ten to two in the morning..I so lvoe your take on life!!!! And Merlin - I used to like you....

Merlin said...

That's me. I pretend to be nice, adorable even at times as cutsie as an otter (if you don't understand the reference you need to follow the link to Reach Out), and then, when you are lulled into a false sense of sevurity, I turn.

sally said...

Typical bloke then really....

Merlin said...

Ouch

Rainbow dreams said...

I'm impressed the bush is still growing... not sure if I'd have thought it should be bigger than that by now though! I expect they keep it neatly pruned though :)
Lol at Liz...